The renewable revolution is here. Government leaders and organizations across the world are making ambitious commitments to decarbonize electricity and support the transition toward a 100% renewable energy future. To succeed, we need to not only increase the use of reliable, renewable generation, but also rapidly reduce the use of fossil fuels — and that can be harder than you think. We believe that by gathering a community of experts and passionate people to research, discuss and share solutions, it is possible to achieve a 100% renewable energy future that is practical and financially viable.
Path to 100% is committed to championing the cause of shortening the time it takes for cities, states, and communities to begin and accelerate the transition to renewables.
Our Community of Experts is made up of thought leaders and industry experts from around the world. We appreciate their commitment and willingness to join us in working to identify the fastest, most cost-effective, most reliable ways to decarbonize electricity — not just city by city, but across entire states and nations.
You can meet our Community of Experts here and learn more about them.
Path to 100% is made possible by Wärtsilä, a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for marine and energy markets.
The Path to 100% is not a one-size-fits-all blueprint, with economic, scientific, and political challenges that vary around the world. Instead, it aims to provide information that can help shorten the time it takes for each nation, state, and community to customize its own Path to 100%.
The Path to 100% Renewable Energy:
- Is possible, practical, and financially viable
- Is rooted in science, data and engineering
- Develops the most cost-effective and realistic scenarios for nations, states and communities to reach 100% renewable generation
- Promotes policies that enable rapid reductions in fossil fuel use and rapid increases in renewable generation in the electricity sector
- Steers electricity-sector decisions about investments, infrastructure and technology toward decisions that quickly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and pave the way for a 100% renewable energy future