4 August 2020 10:00 AM MT
This 60 minute webinar will compare pros and cons of hydrogen/carbon neutral methane/ammonia with subtopics including infrastructure, availability/production needs, and timeline restrictions. Speakers will discuss:
- Does the oxygen produced by splitting H20 into hydrogen for fuel have a positive environmental impact that should be considered? (or is it such a small impact that it doesn’t even matter)
- Will one fuel become the natural market leader over time? If so, why?
- Emerging markets for renewable or synthetic fuels (transportation, aviation, industry)
- The process of producing renewable and carbon neutral fuels (synthetic fuels, hydrogen) including price of fuels and technologies involved
- What are the current policies in place to support these fuels? What developments are needed?
Date: August 4, 2020
Webinar time: 10:00am – 11:00am MT
After webinar is completed on August 4, the webinar will be re-posted on this page free of charge.
Cost: Free of charge but everyone must register using this link
Host: Colorado Energy Research Collaboratory (energy research partnership since 2007 between University of Colorado Boulder, Colorado School of Mines, Colorado State University, and National Renewable Energy Lab) and Wärtsilä
Webinar host and for more info: Maury Dobbie, Executive Director, Colorado Energy Research Collaboratory (Maury.Dobbie@ColoradoCollaboratory.org )
Moderator: Bryan Willson, Executive Director, Energy Institute at Colorado State University
- Joe Ferrari, General Manager of Utility Market Development, Wärtsilä North America, Inc.
- Jennifer Kurtz, Chief Researcher I-Systems Engineering, National Renewable Energy Lab (Invited)
- Chris Hansen, Senate District 31, Colorado State Senate